Welcome to The Wand Medical Centre
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our practice is open as normal, but certain measures are still place to ensure vulnerable patients are kept safe.
However the way we can all access healthcare during the Covid-19 pandemic has changed. Most queries can now be dealt with over the telephone which mitigates risk and saves you time
Our service remains very busy and we are delivering more appointments than ever before.
You should look on this website for advice and guidance before telephoning the practice.
Our service is very busy and we are delivering more appointments than ever before.
In order to further support patients during this difficult time, please download the NHS app. It is free to download from the Apple or Google Play Stores and is very easy to use.
The NHS App allows you to:
- Get your immunisation history – get proof of your covid vaccination status
- Get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- Order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- Book appointments – book and cancel appointments and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- Get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice
- View your medical record – securely access your GP medical record, to see information such as your allergies and your current and past medicines
- Register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- Find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
Please click on the following link to access the NHS app: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/
How to download the app
Simply visit your app store by clicking the icons below!
IMPORTANT UPDATE : Covid -19
In line with the Government’s announcement, the NHS is aiming to offer every adult and child the chance to book a COVID-19 vaccine. If you are interested in booking for a covid vaccine, please ask reception or by calling 119 or book online via www.birminghamandsolihullcovidvaccine.nhs.uk, this will give you further infortmation on how to book into any available clinic as well as any walk in clinic.
If you are a housebound patient, our nursing team can come out to vaccinate you, Please contact the practice and this will be arranged
In addition to appointments at your gp surgery , Don’t forget there are many services available for you, depending on your condition. These include:
- Self-care – This is the best choice to treat minor illnesses and injuries such as hangovers, coughs, colds, grazes, small cuts or sore throats. Many of these can be treated at home, simply with over-the-counter medicines and plenty of rest.
- We can offer you an appointments either evenings and weekends via our urgent care centres.
- Pharmacy – Pharmacists can give advice on and treat a range of symptoms. They can support you with things such as diarrhoea, earaches, painful coughs, sticky eyes, teething and rashes.
- NHS 111 – You can access 111 online or via the telephone. This is for any urgent but non-life threatening health concerns. They will be able to signpost you to the relevant service and provide advice where appropriate, or book you in to an Urgent Treatment Centre.
- A&E / 999 – You should only attend A&E or dial 999 in a life-threatening emergency such as severe bleeding, breathing difficulties and severe chest pain
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
There is disabled access to all patient areas.
(Site updated 05/05/2022)